Really, it does help to lift the spirits when you see your inbox full of fun messages not about finances. I may not be able to respond to all of ya'll every week, but I really will try to every month. You just have to be patient with your lil missionary.
And now, funny things that I have noticed about Peru.
1. Peppa Pig (British cartoon) is super popular but they do not know that the characters really are British, because the talking is in Spanish.
2. Backyardagins,(Nickelodeon cartoon) also super duper popular.
3. There is a ritz crackery snack here called Kraps.
4. There are about a million different ways here to say the word alli, aca, alla, and halla. And they all mean here and there.
5. Every single time I have seen a salon here in Chincha, there have been like a bajillion pics of Brad Pitt. Whatz the deal people?
Since I am still staying in Chincha with Hermana Mendoza this transfer, we had service in an old folks home, where Catholic nuns worked! It was super cool. And the sad part was that Hermana Alonso had to leave to Ayachcho, but I am super happy for her and super sure she is gonna rock it there.
I will write more about the investigators next week because I ran out of time! Lo siento!
Love, Hermana Addington
PS. Dad could you send me fruit by the foot in a package? I miss it.