Monday, November 10, 2014

A Very Merry Birthday to You, Momma!


First off, I wanna thank my mama for giving birth to me and always remembering to feed me regularly so that I would not die., Also, for putting up with all of my half and full baked schemes for 20 years. (Including all the recipes I created in our various kitchens.) And for always motvating me and helping me to be better everyday. Mama, you really are one classy lady, and hope to someday have a shred of your beauty, your charm, and your intelligence in rearranging rooms, because I could really use that right now in my lil"Peruvian apartment.
You are really much of the motivation I had to serve a mission, because you began listening to the missionaries on your own. You had no idea what a temple was or how to fast, or what the heck a patricharchal blessing was, but you had enough faith to keep learning, keep living your standards. And now, you have a mountain of stories to tell, and a family that loves you more than life. Thank you so much for what you do for me, mama. I think abou you everyday, and although I cannot give you a hug personally, I hope this letter does. I hope that you feel the love I have for you, because it is gran" spankin huge.
You are just like the mothers of the Stripling warriors in Alma, who taught their children how to be exactly obedient, so that they could defend their families and save their homes. In a small sense I feel that way, in the mission. When I am obedient, I think about how much you love me, and how much Heavenly Father loves me, and that motivates me to keep being obedient, and humble. Its not easy. I still have a mountain of things that are hard for me personally to overcome, and things I still have not accomplished here. (More baptisms and converts in the tample for one), but I know that I have been converted to be more obedient, and to rely more in God than anyone else. Because people are weenies, and cannot be trusted for anything! (Seems like Ron Swanson would have said that.)
Thank you. I love you.
Your daughter,
Han Perkins
P.S. A package that I sent with Peruvian goodies is a comin your way! Por fin!
P.S.S. Thank you Amy so much for sending me my package! I ate the mangoes in like 5 minutes. I WANT MORE. But I can find them here in the mercade for like 20 soles.( 5 greenbacks.)
I wish I could write more, but like they say in Spanish, LA hora quiere matarme! (The hour wants to kill me.)
Cuidense mucho!

 




No comments:

Post a Comment