Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Remember Lots Wife (May 5th)

This last Sunday in Chorillos was like a bittersweet movie.We arrived at church to find Hma. Hansen, who had began her mission here, with a new sister, Hma. Murrillo from Mala. They stayed with us before Hansen headed over to Ayacucho and Hma. Murillo back to Mala with her new companion. Then we had 3 sisters , Hma. Cook(Utah) Hma., Alvarez( Mexico), and Hma Galo( Hounduras) who stayed with us until finishing ther mission the next day. In the chapel we were also joined by Pres. Douglas, other missionaries finishing their misisons, many whoo had served in Bolognesi. It also happened to be fast and testimony, so Bishop Negrette asked me to give my testimony in front of everyone. Felt like a movie scene, everybody talking about their experiences. But the real miracle was that 2 investigators showed up for sacrament, one with his family and another we had only street contacted and now even taught yet! Then teh rest of the day we went with Hma. Hansen and Murillo, where we invited an inevestigator to baptism and he accepted. Then Hma. Cook, Alvarez, and Galo spent their last nights in the mission in our large house. We wrote in each others journals, they gave out advice ,and I finally finished packing. I loved hearing the things they had to say, seeing them still smiling and laughing, Hma.Alvarez the most(but mostly out of nervousness). I learned so much from each of them, even though I never had them as my companions, I felt like they left their mark on me. Then the next morning we all headed off in different directions.
Just now I received this letter from President, and I feel like ti hit me right in the gut of my heart.
  Hermana Addington, be of good cheer. Lift your Spirits. Be positive. Build up those around you. Spread the gospel cheer. Lift up your heart and be of good cheer! Be active, not passive. Be assertive and bold with love. Wake up from a slumber and let the Spirit lift you higher!! Pls don´t take these words to be hard. I speak to you as if you were my daughter. You will see more miracles through positive eyes!! Shake off the past and go forward with a changed attitude!! We love you!

This letter fom President reminded me of the talk I heard last night while packing to go to Nasca. Its by Jerrefy R. Holland, titled "Remember Lot"s wife, and is all about letting go of what happened in the past and making room for the future. This past transfer in Chorillos, me and Hma, Nielsen had alot of lessons, new investigators, and visited a ton of less actives and converts. But there weren"t any progressing until this last week. I was one of the most slow parts of my mission. I felt like me and Hma. Nielsen were working hard to find new investigtors, inviting them to baptism, inviting them to church, inviting less actives to repent, just pulling out all the stops, but I still didnt feel like the untiy in the ward was enough to really have the type of progression they were hoping for. But now, I have to make a decision, to not look back. To say, I did well on this project, this goal, and with this group of people. I worked as hard as I possibly could, and now, I can see what I need to do better i this new transfer. I have alot of new things coming my way now. I have my new raea in Nasca, 9 hrs away from Lima, have my new companion Hma. Tuquerres, (see pic I just sent), y new zone, my new investigators and less actives and converts and ward, and everything. Everything is kinda like evidence that God is telling me through President Douglas, "Okay, so this what you learned in your old area, you did okay. But here is a chance to work evern harder, be even better. I am giving you this new opportunity to prove yourself." Or more or less, I dont really have that much personal revelation right now. But still I am super excited! My zone i made up of Hma. Mendez (Mexicana) and Hma. Bailey(Utana) both are in family history. Also, somethin not so significant, he weather here is DRY. Like, I sweat but its not a humidity sweat, its more of a regular sun sweat, like at home! Thank the heavens, because I was about to die with all the water in the Lima air. 
I also hear alot of changes are happening at home! I am proud of Meg and Abby for being such strong young women (especially Abby if ya know what I mean.) Also, Dad looks real proud to hold that baby I am happy. Also, thank you Amy for setting up the deposit on the apartment. We can talk nmore about plans for that next week, which is MOTHERS DAY! Ill be calling yall on Saturday around 1, just as a heads up, so we can only talk for 3 SECONDS,NOTHING MORE. And then Sunday we have the 40 mins! Yay! Start practicing your Spanish! 
Also, thanks Sean for being beautiful! I love you! 
Also, saludos to Grandma Judy and Grandpa Clayton! I need more photos of yall to show people in my family history journal, so send em! 
I think thats all. Read Lots Wife my Elder Holland, and Alma 26, its amazing. Also, the talk Beware of Pride by Ballard. Thats all I can think of. ALso, Alma 27:18. soo good. 
I love ya"·ll! 
Hermana Addington

Part of Hannah's Mission Pres.'s letter to her: 


Hermana Addington, be of good cheer. Lift your Spirits. Be positive. Build up those around you. Spread the gospel cheer. Lift up your heart and be of good cheer! Be active, not passive. Be assertive and bold with love. Wake up from a slumber and let the Spirit lift you higher!! Pls don´t take these words to be hard. I speak to you as if you were my daughter. You will see more miracles through positive eyes!! Shake off the past and go forward with a changed attitude!! We love you!
This letter fom President reminded me of the talk I heard last night while packing to go to Nasca. Its by Jerrefy R. Holland, titled "Remember Lot"s wife, and is all about letting go of what happened in the past and making room for the future. This past transfer in Chorillos, me and Hma, Nielsen had alot of lessons, new investigators, and visited a ton of less actives and converts. But there weren"t any progressing until this last week. I was one of the most slow parts of my mission. I felt like me and






No comments:

Post a Comment