Saturday, July 18, 2015

Drown in Waffles and Love (June 16th)

This week had alot of really great beginnings and ends. And just to have yall know, its gonns be a little diffficult to concentrate right now because the lil girl right next to me in this internet is listening to marenge  music for kids. I dont understand Peru. 
Well, to start off, Hma. Tuquerres received the best new ever: This past Saturday her parents got baptized! During the whole week, we were sharing this news in lessons and pretty much with everyone we met. She was so happy, we included them in every single one of our prayers, and now almost her whole family are members of the church. Just missing her older sister. And, on the same day of their baptism, our amazing and real convert Agusto attended the temple for the first time to do baptisms for the dead. 
This experience just strengthened my faith so much, that really our objective is to be together as families and never separated. I was thinking alot about the blessing that I have had to be born in the covenant and have a sealed family, but also about all the aunts and uncles and grandparents that have yet to be sealed to me. They have seeped into my dreams at night, where I am teaching them as a misisonary about the things I teach everyday to families here- the bom, faith, repentance, the commandments. I can imagine myself inviting them to be baptized. My companion told me she does the same thing in her dreams, and that its just evidence that the mission has done its job- we have gotten to the point where we are applying this in our lives and with our families. I makes me so happy to know that I will be with my parents and sister forever, but thats still not enough. I have a strong feeling that when I get back I need to teah all of them. But I wont be alone! We really do need to chat with all the missionaries in thir areas so that we can give them the opportunity to know the gospel. It may be a little difficult at first, but bigger conversions have happened before, like in Alma 22 and Helaman 3. And especially Alma 36. If that could happen with people inicuo, (evil and rebellious) it can happen with our aunts and uncles and grandparents. I think I wanna begin with Andrea and Jennifer, they would be the closest to accepting the gospel. They are still living the in our old block, Everglade right? Let me know next time, okay? 
I just feel the need to get stuff going. Every single time we have someone in our branch accompany us or present their family, I get so happy they are extending this invitation of love to them, and it makes me want to do the same thing. We are having alot of changes here- this week we begin a new transfer, we are getting a new mission president in July, (sob), we have new missionaries here in Nasca, and we alot have a new branch and district presidency. And last but not least, the Trujillo Peru temple dedication this Sunday! It makes me a little overwhelmed, but more than anything excited. As they say int Doctrine and Covenants, "Yo apresurare mi obra en mi tiempo." 
i AM SO HAPPY THAT EVERYONE HAD AN AMAZING WEEK, AND i HAVE TO SIGN OFF RIGHT NOW, BUT i love everyone! Read Alma 32 and 26 today, you will feel better. 
Love, 
Shermana Addington









No comments:

Post a Comment