Saturday, July 18, 2015

Tight Like Unto a Dish (July 6)



Dear President McGinn, 
This week I have learned th importance of starting over and working harder. During these past couple of weeks, me and Hma, Tuquerrez have been struggling to find new investigators that can progress. We are extending baptismal invitations inevery lesson and really working to find less actives and recent converts from our ward list, but they still were not coming to church. But a miracle has happened, which is that almost every single one of them is reading the Book of Mormon. Roseli, the only investigator in church yeaterday, has called us every single day to tell us what she read and to ask questions, as well as our other less actives we are rescuing. Roseli still hasnt accepted a baptismal date yet, but she is growing in her testimony everyday, as well as the others. I have faith that either today or tomorrow she will accept a baptismal date, but I ask you to just pray for her, as well as all out other less actives and recent converts. I know that the Lord is at the helm of this work and we reall cannot do anything without his humble servants helping us. Have a great week, and say hi to Sister McGinn for me! 
Sincerely, 
Hermana Addington
This was the second letter that I sent to President McGinn. We had our first mulitzone with him on Thursday, and although it was completely different than mettings with President Douglas, I really feel like I learned alot. He and his wife really are somehtin. He is from Canada, she is from Los Angeles, and they met at the Y. Then, they moved back to Canada, then lived in Maryland, and came here. They talked about the experiences they had with the apostles and seventies, and gave testimony about the divinity of this work. It reall gives me confidence that the Lord really runs this work, and every change he makes in his church and in our lives is for a purpose. He wil never change, is always at the healm, but wants us to be molded and shaped until we are perfect in his sight. Sister McGinn read Ether 2:23 and 24 with us, promising us that God will always lift us after we fall, and she is our biggest fan. I feel like that is our job as missionaries and just children of God in general, congradulate people in their efforts, even more than just their successes.
I am with Hma, Gardner right now while Hma. Tuquerres and Mendez are learning a bunch from President McGinn in Lima, and I am loving having time with her. Although I miss Hma. Tuquerres, Hma. Gardner is teaching me so much. She has 6 months in the mission, but is wise beyond her years. We together are going to take care of our areas and find a bajillion families to baptize in these next 3 days!
I know that there are a bunch of challenges that we are going through currently, both in the mission as well as in school and work. But somehting Ether ch. 1, 2, and 3 taught me today is that God already knows how to solve our problems. What he wants from us is an offering, like what the Brother of Jared did with his rocks to find light for his ship. God touched them in an anwser to his faithful prayer, and them saw him face to face. I feel like our offerings are time, patience, and just good hard work. I am working on that currently, but I know that God responds to my prayers, he wants to bles me, and will when I show my faith. I know he will do the same with giving Amy a good job, Mama and Dad guidance for their family, Meg and Abby help  in their jobs and studies as well, and everyone else whatever it is that they need.

I love everyone! Have a great week, and read in the Book of Mormon! Jennifer, if you are reading this right now, I want to invite you to read the Book and Mormon and pray if it is true. I promise that when you do, you will feel a spirit and assurance like never before that these things are true. God has a solution for everyone, and a plan for us to live with Him after this life. Grandma Tackett will find comfort if you read with her. Although she forgets sometimes, hearing the words of Christ will help her to have the spirit.
 I love everyone! Read Ether 12:41 and share it with all your friends and family








No comments:

Post a Comment