Saturday, July 18, 2015

My Testimony of the Book of Mormon (July 13)

This week we had a concilio with the zone, which basically is when all the missionaries get together and talk about what was learned in the Lima leaders conference. It was the first week president McGinn was here with his wife in Lima, and couldnt get to his office. Lima is super huge, and he was begginning to get lost. So, he decided to pray, asking for help. As he finishes praying, he sees the route in his head, and arrives safely in the office. It was his miracle. He then invited us to think about our miracles, saying that it isnt always something huge or extraordinary, but really just a time where we notice Gods hands in our work. I thought alot about the little miracles I see everyday. Like one less active with cancer, Jose Carillo, giving testimony that God loves him. Also, all of our investigators and most of our less actives reading the book of mormon, and one of them, Roseli, showing up at church on Sunday. And all the support we receive from the member here. The fact that Jennifer wrote me back today is a little miracle. 
I know that there are always going to be days where we may not feel in tip top shape, or we are painfully aware of the mistakes we make, our imperfections. Or it just seems like the efforts we make may not all be paying off. But if we can look back on the day and think or say that we have helped just one person. If I can say that I have helped an investigator, less active, convert, member, or other missionary, I will be happy. I see that as a miracle. That we are even here in this world, and we have the privelege to read the Book of Mormon, when it was lost for so many years and there were so many people that never had the opportunity to read it. I finished it for the 2nd time in English today, and I can say with all certainty that it is my favorite book. The most important book in the entire world, and I need to share it with everyone I know and feel should hear about it. It is a tool that not only serves me as a missionary, but will serve me as a return miaaionary, as a future wife and mother. It helpes me to become all that I am, all that God wants me to be. 
I am so happy that my family and friends have really embraced this sacred book, and that we have the privelege to share it with tons of other people. Me and Hma. Gardner were chatting about that in our intercambio together, how our testimonies have changed, and it really is amazing. We have cambios(transfers) next week, and we both will be left in charge of our areas in Nasca and Vista Alegre, showing our new companions how everything is. I have the confidence that although it will be hard, God has this all in the bag. 
I love every word that yall have sent me, and IU am sorry if there is not time to write more funny stuff, but I promise all the jokes will come when I am come! 
AMY CONGRATS ON YOUR NEW JOB! congrats to everyone on their little successes, little miracles. Look for them everyday, they are there, I promise;)
Sincerely, 
Shermana Addington
Read in 1 Nefi 3:7






No comments:

Post a Comment